Please use a consistent FPS in your videos!!!

Moderator: dan

aaronmycock

Please use a consistent FPS in your videos!!!

Postby aaronmycock » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi,

First of all, i'm a big fan of your output. I would go as far as to say that AA is the best thing on LP currently, and i'm delighted that you've started ramping up your output. This said, I have one serious gripe that i'd like to raise:

Up to now, you've been using three different framerates to encode your videos: 24, 30 and 50fps. For those who take pride in their collections (a little bit too much pride, probably), it's annoying not to have consistency in quality, as there is a clear visual difference between the three. Can you PLEASE choose one framerate and stick to it? For my money, i'd say 30fps is the best all rounder as 24fps looks jerky at times when shot digitally, and 50fps is too much for some media players to handle. I was over the moon when I saw you'd finally shot Ashley Adams and then my heart broke a little when I saw it was encoded at 24fps :(

It would be nice to get some input from other users, surely i'm not the only person bothered by this?

Sir Noel
Veteran Member

Re: Please use a consistent FPS in your videos!!!

Postby Sir Noel » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Agreed.
Imo, if your player is struggling with 50fps maybe you ought to go with a lower res download, it is hardly excessive nowadays, my average tablet can handle it easily.
24fps is jerky and doesn't make any sense nowadays. It is sloppy to keep swapping between 24 and 30fps, as if they aren't checking framerates. Odd given that white balance, lighting, gamma etc are usually absolutely spot 9n.

aaronmycock

Postby aaronmycock » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:41 pm

I was actually referring to my Samsung TV, which for some reason refuses to recognise any LP files encoded at 50fps. Weird, cos it happily gobbles up anything 30fps or below without so much as a skipped frame, regardless of resolution.

Anyway, glad to hear someone else is on board about the framerates. I remember once upon a time LP used to re-encode videos if there were any inconsistencies with framerates... I am not holding out much hope of that though.

American Anal
Studio

Postby American Anal » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:15 pm

YES 30fps it is.........

shark1
Veteran Member

Postby shark1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:10 am

Any chance the Ashley Adams scene can be re-encoded to 30 fps? One of the best scenes on the site, but 24 fps just takes away from how hot is!

Return to American Anal