Cookie Expiration Issue?  Topic is solved

Something not working correctly? Let us know here

Moderator: aleksey_k

Mizar5
Veteran Member

Cookie Expiration Issue?

Postby Mizar5 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:41 pm

just wondering why, even if I have cookies enabled for this site, they always seem to expire within a minimum amount of time of inactivity.

for example, if I open up a comment or reply box and let it linger for awhile (not too long), when I finish my comment and try to submit it (or sometimes even try to preview it), instead of posting or giving me a preview, the spinning sprocket comes up and then i get a refresh of the page with the text I just wrote all gone; blanked out, not posted.

seems to be a cookie expiration issue but I thought I'd ask.
Permanently Banned: Fisting, Prolapse, Buttrose, Vomit, Scat Content, Anything from fascist Florida, Anything from psychopathic genocidal Russia

magizi877
Veteran Member

Re: Cookie Expiration Issue?

Postby magizi877 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Happens to me all the time :o

error01x
Veteran Member

Re: Cookie Expiration Issue?

Postby error01x » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:15 am

I have the same problem on my firefox mobile browser on ios.
www.twitter.com/error01x

Angel Eyes
Veteran Member

Re: Cookie Expiration Issue?  Topic is solved

Postby Angel Eyes » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:03 am

If I'm writing up a long post (i.e. review with screen caps and gifs) I'm at the point I copy the text of my post to Notepad before submitting. At least I won't lose the text if the post craps out. Photos and gifs still have to be re-uploaded but the 'meat' of the post is not lost.

If I know going in it's going to be a long post I'll write up a draft in Notepad then copy & paste the final draft text into a forum post uploading photo & gifs with the final version for submission.

Shouldn't have to take these measures (especially if occasionally hitting the 'Preview' button to see how the post is coming along). The 'Preview' button, I would think, should keep the login session active so my user ID doesn't time out.
May Thai Polly Pons

Return to Support