Problem transferring files to Tivo DVR

Something not working correctly? Let us know here

Moderator: aleksey_k

billfark
Established Member

Problem transferring files to Tivo DVR

Postby billfark » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:44 pm

Hello - I'm not sure if this is something that Support can help with since it has to do with third-party software, but hopefully another user can help.

I share a folder with all of my movies on my home network and transfer them to my DVR to watch. This works with about 95% of what I have downloaded from LP. However, some videos, all of which are viewable on my computer, give me trouble when I try to transfer them to my DVR. They are visible when I navigate the shared folder from my DVR, but they never start transferring and just don't open when I try to watch them on my DVR.

I find that this happens with more of the NRFTA videos than any others, with NR112 Juliana Grandi being one I remember in particular as not working. Most NRFTA videos transfer just fine, though. Also, IV018 Ria Sunn has the same problem. I haven't had the problem with any other videos as far as I can tell, just the one from IV and some of the NRFTA videos.

The software I'm using is pytivo in case anyone has suggestions on how to fix the problem. I've tried downloading the files multiple times and that hasn't worked.

Thanks!

magizi877
Veteran Member

Re: Problem transferring files to Tivo DVR

Postby magizi877 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:13 am

Sounds like a codec problem, I don't have a DVR and therefore I don't know if you can flash it to add new software.
But maybe you can google your DVR model + codec update, or something like that.

magizi877
Veteran Member

Re: Problem transferring files to Tivo DVR

Postby magizi877 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:14 am

you could aslo re-encode the videos using a video editing software like "handbrake".
To a codec that your DVR can handle.

Return to Support